About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Father/Daughter Dance 2018

Having both the kids at the same school, I didn't have any more excuses not to get more involved with the PTA.  Then when a good friend took over as PTA President this year, I knew I couldn't hide anymore.  So I told my friend, that I would love to help and I wanted to chair the Father/Daughter Dance, which she had no problem handing over to myself and Lisa.

In the Fall when we met with the previous chair of the event, she was explaining how they put together the Winter Wonderland theme when out of know where, I cut her off and said..."A GLOW PARTY!"  It probably was pretty rude, but this vision just came to me an I couldn't keep it in.

After months of planning and ideas running through my head the week of the dance was here.  We asked that everyone wear white or neon colors with glow accessories so they could light up the night.  We set a record number of tickets sales and decked out the schools MPR in all neon colors.


Last year I set up a dinner for Skylar and all her friends at a restaurant, but this year I had a better idea.  I wanted a pre-party (because we all know that sometimes the pre-party is better than the actual party), and at the pre-party I wanted a face painter to do glow paint on the girls.  Since I wasn't able to host the pre-party, I shared my idea with a friend who loved it and offered to host.  The dads and daughters had pizza and drinks and the girls had a blast.


Skylar and her 2nd grade girls!


The MPR all Neoned out!


Our girls rocked it with their glow paint.


Lucy, Maggie and Skylar


Probably the best decor of the dance was the awesome backdrop that Jake painted for me, which was a huge hit.  Jake not only did the backdrop, he was the #1 Dad of the night because he had been in Wisconsin for work all week and flew home that Friday night to attend the dance with Skylar and then woke up at 4:00 AM the next day to fly back to Wisconsin.  #Bestdadever



Last year Jake and Casey (Lucy's Dad), were the big winners of the dads dance off and I was putting some major pressure on them to take the title again.  It was just stupid of me to assume that they would just do the soul train line with the rest of the dads, because Jake and Casey decide to put on their own dance routine.  They asked the DJ to introduce them as the "Winners from last year" and had their own song requests.  Needless to say, Lisa and I were a bit mortified and during their second song, which I didn't video because I was in shock, I told the DJ he had to cut them off.  They didn't take top honors this year, so maybe next year they will tone it down a bit...haha!  


The normal dads doing the dance off.  



The biggest hit of the night was the LED photo booth.



Casey and Jake took their two little dates out for a cookie after the dance to top off the night. 


Skylar and Jake had a great night together.


In the end of it all the dance was a massive success.  We raised a record amount of money.  Dads, daughters, moms, school staff gave us a ton of praise and we couldn't of been happier with how it turned out.  Now I have to figure out a way make next years even better!



1 comment:

  1. Finally, I am commenting on your fabulous "Glow Dance." Wow! I do vote for the "dad's from last year" even though they were "over the top." I love the "glow" theme. Great job, Nicole and moms. It is so great to have a "Fathers and Daughters dance.
    Love,
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete