About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Halloween 2021

 I must admit I usually come up with our Halloween costumes several months before October.  This year, I think I wasn't sure what we were going to do until August.  I had something else in mind, but couldn't convince Skylar so I had to come up with something new.  I honestly wasn't sure how well the creepy scarecrow would turn out.  We were doing all the costume DIY and I didn't have much confidence in myself, but I have to say we hit it out the park.    We went to the goodwill and spend just $30.00 total on all of our costumes.  With some spray paint, hay, sewed on patches and rope we were able to complete the look.  In the end it was the face paint that really bought the whole thing together.  



The kids loved their looks, so that always makes it so much more fun.






This was the first year we let the kids trick or treat with their friends on their own.  Skylar went out with a big group of her friends, while Madden hit the streets with a couple buddies.  They were both out for two plus hours.


Jake and I held down the fort at home solo this year.  Last year was a pretty quiet year due to Covid, but man, this year certainly made up for it.  It was almost shocking how many people we had come by.  I got over 1200 pieces of candy and did my traditional 1 piece per person.  I was out of candy in under 2 hours.  So 1200 people came by in that short amount of time.  The lines of people just never stopped coming.  At one point we had a massive line in front of our house just blocking the sidewalks from both sides.  Everyone loved our look and even asked to take pictures of Jake and I. I'm always sad to see the Halloween holiday end, but it felt really great having it back in full swing again.


Traditional Halloween picture with the bestie.


Nicole, Madden, Jake, Skylar is the order of the pumpkins



1 comment:

  1. Amazing scarecrow costumes! Very realistic and not the usual "happy, Wizard of Oz" lovable kind. Good makeup. The picture of Madden ready to stab Jake with the pitch fork was good because the blood on Jake's neck was perfect. Scary expressions. Madden really stays in character! Love the look of the house this year. Glad I was there to enjoy the October fun! Love, Suzie

    ReplyDelete