About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Whole Lot of SNOW

Last week we took our annual winter trip to Mammoth.  It started off a bit rocky since Mammoth was experiencing a storm the day we wanted to drive up. We thought it would be best for Skylar to drive at night, since she would sleep the whole way. Lucky for us, the drive up was probably one of the easiest I have ever had.  The skies were clear the whole way up and we didn't hit any traffic, and not to mention Skylar slept the entire way.  With my parents along for the trip, Jake and I decided to hit up the mountain on Friday morning while they watched Skylar and it had to be the best day of the weekend for skiing/snowboarding.  The mountain was totally empty and it had fresh powder that went up to your knees from the storm they had the day before.   I have never skied in such amazing conditions.  Jake and I had so much fun together, it was like we were on a date which was really nice for us. 
Since this was Skylar's first trip to the snow it also made the trip a little bit more special for us.  I was picturing her crawling around in the snow and having a ball, but it really didn't turn out that way.  Since it had snowed a couple feet the snow was too high and too soft to let her crawl around in and she didn't seem too mobile in her snowsuit.  Anytime we place her in the snow she got her stone face on and didn't seem very interested in it.



Matthew and Erin came up a few days into the trip which I was really happy about.  I know Skylar loves to see her Uncle and Aunt and it always helps to have a few extra people to keep Skylar occupied.  Jake and Matthew went snowboarding most of Saturday while the rest of us decided to stay away from the crowds.  We attempted going out to dinner Saturday night, but of course every restaurant in the Village was packed so we just decided to stay in with Skylar, while Mom, Dad, Erin and Matthew went to Perry's Pizza. 


Sadly, Sunday came to fast and it was time to head home since Jake didn't have Monday off work.  I would have to say that this was probably one of my favorite Mammoth trips that I can remember.  It was so nice having all my family together and experiencing Skylar's first of many Mammoth trips.  I can't wait for next year when she will be actually walking and probably eating the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment