About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

S U R P R I S E ! ! !

Well last week was my birthday and it was the big 3-0.  I wasn't too depressed about turning thirty.  I feel like my life is pretty good.  I'm married, I have a baby, I have a good job, I haven't found any grey hair.  I just wanted to celebrate it but not have to plan the celebration, so I left it in Jake's hands.  I'm not going to lie I didn't expect Jake to do much.  Jake has been super busy with work and I just assumed he wouldn't have time to plan anything big.  I figured he would just take me out to a nice dinner and that would be it.



To my surprise, Jake threw me a 30th Surprise Party which was so amazing of him.  All week he had been giving me fake clues about what I thought was just going to be a dinner date.  After bringing my family into the whole game plan, he told me he had to go into the office on Saturday, which he has NEVER done before.  To which I didn't think twice about it and told him not to worry about missing the lunch celebration my parents, aunt, grandma and cousin were taking me to.  So while I'm out at lunch, Jake is running to Costco picking up all the food and liquor for the party.  He told everyone to get to our house around 1:00 to help set up.  During all this I'm just sitting at the restaurant trying not to eat too much because I know I'm going to have a big dinner later that night. 

Too say the least I walk into the house to be greeted by 30 of our friends/family in our family room saying "SURPRISE"!! I guess I was in such shock everyone told me I immediately closed the door on the whole crowd and started to tear up.


The house was decorated with all cheesy 30th Birthday decorations, there was a ton of snacks and two cakes, and of course Jake got ingredients for my favorite drink....Appletini's.  Lets not forget the life size poster Jake had professional made of me hanging on the wall.  After the champagne toast, I got to mingle with everyone and hear how Jake had been planning the party for weeks and was calling everyone a few times a week to make sure they were still coming.  Jackie and Darci helped out a bunch with giving Jake names and numbers of who to invite and Darci hide all the decorations at her house.  Jake grilled up carne and pollo asada for everyone and was doing the majority of the bartending.  By 6:30pm everyone had headed out and Jake, Skylar, Erin, Matthew and I hung out until Skylar's bedtime.


I would have to say that was one of the best surprises ever!!  I would have never expect Jake to put together something like that, and especially be able to pull it off as great as he did.  I definitely have the worlds greatest husband and couldn't of ask for a better way to spend my 30th.  I love you B!! It's going to be hard to top this birthday party, I definitly have a lot of live up to when I plan Jake's 30th later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment