About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July - 2012

For the 4th of July this year we decided to stay close to home.  Our neighborhood was putting on a parade and potluck so we figured that would be just perfect for Skylar and easy to take Madden too.  Of course, I hadn't had a chance to get over to Michaels all week so I had to go the morning of the 4th and pick through the left over 4th of July decorations they had remaining for Skylar to decorate her car.  I was pretty happy with what I picked out after her and Jake got done decorating her car because it turned out pretty cute.






Before we left I tried my best to get a cute picture of Skylar and Madden, but it really didn't work out.





The park was very festive for the holiday and there was a great turn out of people.  Kids of all ages had their bikes, scooters, and push cars all decorated for the parade.






Before the parade started, Skylar was selected to be grand marshall, which turned out to be a bad idea because she was not in the best of moods.  Luckily once the parade started her mood got a little bit better and she started to enjoy herself somewhat as we walked through the neighborhood.  I pushed Skylar, while Jake pushed Madden in the stroller to keep him napping.





All the kids got together for a picture after the parade, minus one...Skylar.  She refused to be apart of the photo, but she did end up having some fun with her friend Maddie.  After a couple of hours it was time to go home and put both kiddos down for a nap.  Later that night Jake cooked up some turkey burgers for us to have for dinner.




Once the sun was going down Skylar and Jake headed out to watch fireworks in the neighborhood, while I stayed home to put Madden to bed.  Jake said that Skylar loved watching the fireworks people were setting off in the alleys and parks.  She was dancing around while she, and the crowds of neighbors, waited for the Legoland's firework show to start.  By 9:00 pm Jake brought her home and she told me how she saw all the fireworks... but that "they were really loud".  It was definitely the most mellow 4th of July I think we have ever had, but it was really nice to just keep it simple this year.



1 comment:

  1. I just love your neighborhood, Nicole. What a wonderful place for children. Skylar's car was so cute. The children's parade is a great idea.
    Both Madden and Skylar look so cute in their "red, white and blue" clothes. I also like that your neighborhood is so patriotic. And, yes, Skylar, fireworks are loud!
    Love, Suzie

    ReplyDelete