About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Solo Disney Trip

I must give myself a pat on the back because last week I did my first solo trip to Disneyland with the kiddos and it couldn't of turned out better.  We drove up first thing Friday morning and got to the gates right when they opened.  The three of us ran right through the gates and made it to Fantasyland where we were able to walk onto ride after ride.  Madden begged to go on the tea cups and the carousel.  He freaked out on the carousel until it started moving and then cried when the ride was over and had to get off.  

Thinking Madden would enjoy Toontown we headed over to Mickey and Minnie's houses.  I thought he would love walking through the cartoon-like houses but I was wrong.  He was totally freaked out by them and made me carry him.  Once he saw Mickey his grip on me got even tighter and I didn't even attempt a picture with him. 

I had been dying to go on Pirates of the Caribbean ever since I got my annual pass.  I told the kids we were going to head over to the Winnie the Pooh ride but when I saw no line at Pirates we had to make a quick stop.  Skylar kept saying she didn't want to go on the Pirate ride but once she got on it and we went down our first dip she loved it.  Both the kids were in awe of all the pirate characters on the ride.  After riding Winnie the Pooh a couple times we made a quick stop for Skylar to meet Princess Belle.


On our way to the Mickey and Magical Map show I let the kids pick out new lovies (Madden picked out Minnie) since they had both been so good.   After the show I knew traffic was going to start up and nap time was also nearing so I decided it was time to head home.   


It as a great four hour trip to Disney.  We walked onto every ride and both kids were perfect. They both past out before I even hit the freeway, which is always a sign of a good time!




No comments:

Post a Comment