About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Monday, February 22, 2016

Napa 2016

A couple weekends back we took a quick weekend trip to Napa, all thanks to Jake for winning one of his companies sales contest.  The company was even nice enough to pay for the kids as well.  Knowing it had been some time since we had seen Paul and Suzie we invited them to join us.  We arrived on Friday afternoon to what was some awesome weather.  We walked the grounds of the resort and had lunch. 




Jake’s company purchased tickets to some fancy wine events that the resort was hosting.  The first night was a lovely 6 course wine pairing dinner inside their wine cave.  Seeing that I don’t drink, I had Jake take his Dad to the event.  Suzie and I took the kids out to a restaurant close to the resort.  It was a cute little place that looked similar to a barn.  The kids were pretty tired, so it was a quick dinner for us 4.



That morning we decided to continue soaking in the warm weather and took the shuttle into town to walk around and grab some lunch.  There were a ton of shops and restaurants all around.  We even found a little park area where the kids could run around.  Skylar really wanted to souvenir of some sort (more like a toy) but sadly we couldn’t find a toy shop anywhere.  A friend recommended an amazing sushi place so we ate lunch there.  It was probably some of the best sushi I have ever had and the view was very lovely.  



They had to have a picture with their favorite food.. mac and cheese.




Biggest chair we had ever seen.


Next up was the stemware class.  I felt like I needed to attend one of the events that Jake’s company had paid for so I went to it.  It was definitely boring for me but I got to meet some of Jake’s co-workers which was nice and the chocolate they had with the wine was pretty yummy!  

Lots of water in different wine glasses for me.


That evening Jake took this mom to an event that featured a bunch of the local wineries.  They walked around and sampled a ton of very expensive wines paired with different appetizers.  Paul and I hit up the resort restaurant and took the kids to the hot tub.


The next morning was the highlight of the trip for me.  There was a  huge Valentine’s Day Brunch.  We ate all morning and the kids took one more trip around the vineyard.   Napa was a fun place, don’t think it’s really my cup of tea, but it was fun having spending time with the family and having a nice getaway for the long holiday weekend.


Enjoying her chocolate donut.



1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! It was a fun weekend to be with family and meet some of Jake's warm co-workers. Thank you for including our good time in the blog. I like the picture of Madden in the sculpture, and the picture of Skylar with me in front of the bird sculpture. I, also, like the picture of you, Nicole, with the lovely stemware full of H2O. The picture of Jake and I shows what a good time we had tasting the "very good" wine. It was a fun adventure to be with our SoCal Ernest in Napa.
    Love, Suzie

    ReplyDelete