About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Monday, November 27, 2017

Jog-a-Thon 2017

Nothing else says welcome to Fall, than the annual Jog-a-Thon at the kids school!  This year was definitely extra special since it was the first time Skylar and Madden would be doing it together.  The kids raised enough money to put them in the Gold Level so they were coming home with prizes each day leading up to the big race.  Jake was able to switch some travel around so he could volunteer in Madden's class, while I helped out in Skylar's.  The night before the kids and I read the blog entry from last years Jog-a-thon and read that Skylar ran 28 laps, so they now had a number to beat.

Madden most likely bossing his classmates around before they head out to the field..haha!


Madden and Ando.


This year they had the marines come out and warm the kids up before the run.


Madden was a machine!  I was on the opposite side of the field of his table and I swear it took me like 5-10 laps to finally get a glimpse of him running by because he was running so fast.



In the end Madden ran 32 laps in the 30 minutes they were running.  Jake said he only stopped twice for a quick sip of water and was off again.


Popsicle treats for all their hard work.


I don't get to volunteer in Skylar's class as much as Madden's so I was excited to be around her and her classmates.  

Skylar and Olivia.


Team Yellow heading to the field.


Skylar and her sweet classmates.
Immy, Gabby, Lucy, Cassie, Skylar and Stevie.

(I have to make a note about how cute Skylar looks here being a half a head shorter than all her friends.)


Warming up with the marines.  



Skylar started off really strong, Jake said he saw her running in and around people like she was the flash.  Unfortunately I think that strong start was a little too much for her because I saw her starting to take more and more water breaks, then she was walking a couple laps, and in the end she didn't quite met her number from last year, but she did complete 18 laps which was a number to be proud of. 

Lucy and Skylar (BFFs).


Mrs. Aubertin and her running wild students.


In the end, Madden earned the bragging rights, but we couldn't of been more proud of the both of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment