About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas/Holiday Card 2017

All the build up to Christmas and then in what fews a matter of hours, its over.  The Christmas Eve tradition at my parents house still lives on.  We arrived early Christmas Eve morning to help my mom and dad set up and start the tamale spreading.


Madden wore the old Mexican lady apron to spread tamales.  He was definitely the worst spreader.  Masa was flying everywhere but on the husk.  Luckily for us Lennon showed up and he was over spreading tamales and just wanted to play.  I wish we had more pictures of us all spreading the tamales, but all of us were covered in masa and couldn't get any pictures.



These five cousins played so well together all evening long.  I think we hardly saw any of them because they were too busy running a muck outside all day and night.




We all got to celebrate Morrison first Christmas Eve.  She was the sweetest, best baby all evening.  


After much waiting and asking me about every 30 minutes for 5 hours it was time to open presents.  Of course, all of the kids were spoiled by everyone in the family.



We got home pretty late from my parents house and the kids were so tired they didn't even want to put cookies and milk out for Santa and asked Jake and I to handle it. 





These two woke up to everything they asked for from Santa (expect Madden, who requested his own TV in his room...haha), but he didn't seem to mind.  Skylar received her LOL Doll 50 Surprise Ball, more LOL Dolls, a drone, clothes, and Madden got a couple awesome lego sets to add to his collections (why he didn't have pants on, we have no idea).  The rest of Christmas Day consisted of Skylar staying in her PJs all day, Madden eventually put pants on and building legos all day, Jake cooked an awesome meal and I went down with a nasty cold.  But all in all, it was a fantastic holiday and we look forward to next year.





For our card this year, I had, had the theme in mind ever since last Christmas, I just wasn't sure if it could live up to last years card.  Needless to say, I believe it surpassed last years cards ten fold.  We got a overwhelming amount of love from friends and family on the theme of it, that the pressure for next years card is definitely on.  Luckily, I already have a theme brewing!

Happy Holidays!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and bright "Merry Christmas" pictures!
    The children look so happy!
    Love,
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete