About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Sedona/Polar Express 2017

For the a couple years now I have been wanting to take the kids to the special Polar Express train ride in Arizona.  I have spoken with friends who have taken the trip to Williams, AZ and they all said that there is nothing more magical then seeing your kids experience it.  Since we were going to Arizona, I wanted to stay in Sedona.  We all know who pretty it is, so I was looking forward to experiencing it.  


Walking around the downtown Sedona they were all decorated for the holidays.


My friend told me the best way to experience the Sedona mountains is to take a Pink Jeep Tour ride.  We had a blast 4x4 in an open aired jeep and stopping at some of the most beautiful spots Sedona had to offer.








Admiring the view.



#cliffhanger












My Dad kept mentioning wanting to feel the vortex.  They say if you hike to a certain spot on the mountains you can feel a vortex, so we decided to take the hike to feel it.  The kids lead the hike and actual walked further than me.  I don't know if we ever felt the vortex, but we saw some beautiful views once again.



The next day it was time to head up to Williams.  We left first thing in the morning, had a breakfast in Flagstaff, and then headed to Bearizona.  Bearizona is a drive thru zoo.  We didn't really know what to expect, but it definitely didn't disappointment.  We saw it all, just right out our car window.


Deer, Wolves, Bisons, and tons of Black Bears.





Once we got to Williams the kids saw the zipline and were all about it.  I did it once and it was enough for me, but the kids had to do it twice.





We ate an early dinner and then changed into our pajames before boarding the train.



Golden tickets.



The train arriving.




The train ride is about an hour and a half.  It follows everything in the book to a tee.  The chefs are entertaining the entire train car.  We all got hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies.  They even have the author of the book read the book to everyone on the train.




Once we arrived to the North Pole the kids were in disbelief. It was so magical to see their reactions.




After leaving the North Pole everyone is belting out Christmas carols as loud as they can to get Santa to hear them.  I honestly haven't sang that many Christmas carols in my life.  It was really cool to even see my dad partake in the singing.



And then...the big man arrives!!!  The kids were THRILLED to say the least, when Santa came into our train car.  He gave all the kids hugs and handed out the signature silver bells to each kid.




The whole trip surpassed all my expectations.  We did so many fun and adventurous activities without one single complaint from the kids.  Ate fabulous food and saw surreal views.  Top all off by a trip to the North Pole.  Definitely a trip we would like to do again in the near future, before there is no more believing.






1 comment:

  1. So many precious, priceless pictures! I loved the Madden "cliff hanger" and the Polar Express. The jeep ride looked like so much fun. Great backdrop for pictures! The North Pole looked awesome. What a super trip! I also liked Skylar holding up her hands on the zip line as Nicole screamed so loudly that Skylar had to hold her ears!
    Love, Grand-ma and Grand-pa

    ReplyDelete