About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Dance Recital 2018

It has be a very busy dance year for us.  Skylar continued her jazz, tap, and ballet classes during the week.  So with us being at the studio as much as we are I was able to convince Madden to try a hip hop class.  Getting him to try the class took a trip to Target to buy a new nerf gun, but it was worth it.  I have been begging for Skylar to try hip hop and she has refused, so I was willing to do anything to get Madden to try.  After his first class I asked the teacher if he liked it, because I knew he wouldn't give me much feedback, and she told me he had a smile on his face the whole time.  I finally got my little hip hopper. So when recital time came around it was extra special being able to see Madden up there for the first time.  

I couldn't of been more proud of Skylar.  She really dedicated herself to her dance this year by spending every Saturday at the studio.  She had to miss out on friends parties and time with the family to show her commitment to her dance.  

Skylar was participating in four different routines this year for recital, so she was a busy girl.  For Ballet she performed in Rain.


Madden's hip hop routine was called Ridin Solo.  He was a star up there.  He was right up in front, smiling, and loving every single minute while on stage.  I cried when I saw him up there for the first time, just like at Skylar's dance recital.  He really loves hip hop and said that he is probably going to dance until he gets his 15 year dance award.  


Skylar & Stella


Sofia, Sophia, and Skylar.  Theses girls carpool every week together to and from the studio.



We can't forget out third dancer of the show...Jake!! He was a rock start his year.  It was a really hard routine for the Dads this year but Jake knocked it out of the park.  He and Skylar practiced at home all the time and it really showed on stage.  Someone even came up to Jake and asked him how long had he be teaching at the dance studio.....haha!  I was so proud of that moment.


Backstage with Sophie and Mabel.



Reese, Stella, Skylar and Sophie.


Burnin Up was the theme for Father/Daughter.



Backstage selfies with Reese.


I couldn't of been more proud of these two.  I love seeing them do something together that they both love.


One proud Mama.


Always there to support our little dancers are the grandparents.  Wouldn't be a dance recital without them there.







In the wing right before going on stange.



I'm sure I say this every year, but this was truly Skylar's best dance year.  She has really improved so much and seeing her on stage and the joy and excitement it brings her is always so heart-warming.  She even told me that she wants to try hip-hop this year, which makes me so happy.  



Tap was Jailhouse Rock.



Jazz was Beach Babes.









1 comment:

  1. We are such proud Grandparents! Skylar continues to get better and better. Her big smile shows how much she enjoys dance. Truly a great year! Madden! What a star! Who gets to be in front on his first performance? Madden, that's who! And, of course, Jake never fails to impress. Thank you, Nicole, for all the hours you put into driving to and from dance. We can't wait to see what next year holds. And it is always fun to share this experience with Mike and Diane!
    Love,
    Grand-ma and Grand-pa

    ReplyDelete