About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day - 2011

Since I missed Mother's Day by 12 hours last year, I was pretty excited to celebrate my first Mother's Day.  I hinted to Jake exactly what I wanted to do that day a month before.  It had been years since we had gone to a holiday brunch so that was my number one request and when we showed up at the La Costa Resort I knew it wouldn't disappoint.


The brunch was held in one of the Resorts massive ballrooms that was decked out with beautiful flower arrangements and 2 large buffets of anything and everything you could imagine to eat.  Buffets can sometimes be so intimidating, there is just so many options, you never know where to begin and how much to put on your plate, but I figure today was my day and I was just going to go for it.  Skylar was easy to please since they had her favorite.....waffles.


After all was said and done, I made 5 rounds to the buffet and Jake made 4.  He got back in line at the omelet bar for his 5th trip, but backed out last minute because he decided he just couldn't eat another bite. 



After leaving the brunch we decided to work off some of the thousands of calories we had just ate and walk around the resort and take in the beautiful sites it has to offer.



Once we got home Skylar and Jake were really excited to give me my gift.  It looked like Jake handled the wrapping on his own since it was wrapped in newspaper and Skylar made me a really cute homemade card.  I was super excited to find just what I wanted, a pair of Tory Burch Sandals that topped off my perfect first Mother's Day.


Motherhood has been the most incredible experience I have every had.  It has definitley made me a better person and being Skylar's mom is something that I cherish each and every day.  It has even opened up my eyes to everything my mom has done for me during my life and makes me love her even more.  Being a mom is the most fulfilling accomplishment for me because the reward is pure love.

No comments:

Post a Comment