About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Skylar's 1st Day of 1st Grade

Just like that, our sweet little girl is in 1st grade.  It was such a bittersweet moment seeing her on the  playground with the whole school running around before the bell rang.  She is definitely a big girl now. I was so excited for her, but also so nervous.  I know for a fact I was more nervous than she was. Skylar has Mrs. Aubertin and is in the 1st/2nd grade combo class.  I must admit I wasn't thrilled when I first saw that, but I'm trying to take it as a huge compliment that the school believes she is advanced enough to handle it.   



Skylar with preschool buddy, Madeline. 


Lucky for Skylar, Lucy, is also in her 1st grade class.  I know that definitely helped settle some nerves knowing she was going to be with her bestie again.


Skylar also is in the same class as her buddy Parker.


All smiles while lining up after the bell rang.


Big girl at her own desk.


  I can't wait to see what kind of strides she makes this year!

I think the video sums up how she felt about her first day of 1st grade.



1 comment:

  1. Okay! The video is just too much. I love this!!!! Hurray for first grade. You have made it into the "big school" and we are so proud of you. But, please remember, Kindergarten is where it all starts! Skylar, your First grade teacher is sooooo lucky to have you!
    Love, Grand-ma and Grand-pa

    ReplyDelete