About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Halloween 2018

Where to begin?!?!  Well I should give a quick Madden update seeing that he is now in costume.  At the 11th hour, after Jake and I told ourselves we were going to stick to our guns and not allow him to dictate on when and when he doesn't go to school....we broke.  Yes, when we were all getting our costumes on and our make up done, we came up with an alternative punishment for him and he had a choice to make.  Either stick with the original plan of no Halloween and one week of no screen time, or get to dress in your costume, only pass out candy, still no trick or treating but it will be two weeks of no screen time.  Well from the photo you can see he went with the option number two, which we were really grateful about.  It would of been heartbreaking to not have him participating in all the Halloween fun.  

Viking warriors was an idea I'm pretty sure I came up with on November 1st, 2017.   I'm pretty sure I slowly started planting the seed in the whole families mind throughout the year and once I found the costumes and showed the kids they were in.  The weapon is what sold Madden on the idea.  When the costumes arrived I was definitely underwhelmed by them.  We took scissors and made alterations to the kids costumes to make the more authentic.  The icing on our whole look was of course the make up.  Rochelle was so sweet to come over and turn us into real warriors.  This could be our best year yet in the whole costume game!!



Skylar, Brooke, and Madden.


Sticking to the deal of no trick or treating, Madden and I stayed back and passed out candy while Skylar and Jake headed up to the Rossittos for dinner before hitting the streets.




Viking Warrior and Lady Gaga.





Trick or Treat.






Madden and I got our first trick or treater a little after 5:00 PM and it honestly never slowed down for what felt like more than 20-30 seconds.  The crowds of people where wild.  There was a constant stream of people walking up our stairs for two and half hours straight.  I remember last year worrying that I was going to run out of candy so this year I made sure to only give out 1 piece per person.  And yes I have to say person, because its not just kids trick or treating, its adults; which annoys me more than anything in this world, but I won't get into now.  So Madden and I passed out one piece of candy per person and we started with a total of 1238 pieces of candy.  By 7:30 PM we were completely tapped out of candy.  I was shocked, I never thought we would run out before 8:00 PM.  It's so fun to for us to pass out candy and have friends come up, that truly is the best part of the whole evening.  This year Skylar and Madden had VIP candy (full sized candy bars) set aside for their friends who came by.  


All night we received a ton of compliments on our house decorations and our costumes.  It was a rough day, starting off with Madden's epic meltdown but it definitely ended in a ton of fun and excitement for all.


1 comment:

  1. I like that you all kept in character in every picture. You didn't break character "once" Nicole! These costumes have to be your best yet. And Madden's weapon really was good. 'So glad things turned out fine in the end. The solution you both chose for Madden was a fair one. I liked the picture of Skylar in her Viking costume, but carrying a pink pumpkin for candy. So cute. And Jake really made a ferocious Viking. Super great pictures!
    Love, Suzie

    ReplyDelete