About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Soccer Season - Fall 2019

Right off that bat, I will admit that I was a horrible soccer parent this season.  I didn't take any good photos or videos of the kids this year.  I have not good excuses besides I think that for Madden his games were so fun to watch that I didn't want to watch them through the lens of my phone and for Skylar I just couldn't get into her season (#badmom).  Since I was never at her practices and we were on a team with no one from our school (besides her BFF Lucy), I didn't get to know the girls or the parents.  So if you every read this Skylar, I apologize that I wasn't a good soccer mom for you this year.



Madden had a fantastic soccer season.  Jake coached his team again and it was a great group of boys.  We got 5 boys from our school which always makes the season so much more fun.  The Destroyers lived up to their name by going 8-1 for the season.  This was the first year the boys got to be on the big field which made the games so much more exciting to watch.  Madden's had and an endless number of goals and like football, his skills just got better and better as the season went out. 


Pretty sure this guy had something to do with the Destroyers being as amazing as they were.


This year Skylar's team was more in the middle to lower range of play, which is OK, we can't always be on the best team each year.  Skylar always played her heart out when she was out on the field.  She was a little bummed this season because she had to play mostly defense, but she did it like a champ and definitely improved on her defensive skills.

Pretty sure the highlight of the season for Skylar was being with Lucy.  She got to go to Lucy's house every Friday after school since Lisa would take the girls to practice while we were at Maddens football and Lucy would come to our place after most of the games to avoid going to Cian's football games.  These two were just thick as thieves this season and I'm glad they had each other.


Meeting up with Poinsettia friends at the soccer field.


The Passing Puppies during Championship weekend. Sadly we didn't win any games, but the girls still had fun playing under the lights.


This season Jake even got in on the fun.  He signed up and played in the coaches game.  The kids and I had a blast watching him play.  His team didn't win, but he played super hard and we were proud of him.


1 comment:

  1. I was able to go to many of Skylar and Madden's soccer games and I must say, win or lose, both grand kids always played hard and did their best. Great group pictures of good friends. Jake was an amazing coach and I'm glad he got a chance to show his skills in the "coach's" game. Watching the action is always better than trying to take pictures so you are not a "bad mom" Nicole but one who wanted to enjoy the games. Love, Grand-ma

    ReplyDelete