About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Matthew & Erin's Engagement Party

A few weeks ago Erin's parents hosted a wonderful engagement party for Matthew and Erin at a Riverside favorite, Mario's Place.  If you are from Riverside, you have for sure been to Mario's Place or at least heard of it.  I think that both my parents and especially Erin's parents are locals there so it made sense to have it be the location for the engagement party.

The party was held outside on the back patio and with rain in the forecast they set up a tent to cover the whole patio.  Erin's Maid of Honor, Tonya, who is also her best friend and Matthew and Erin's roommate did a fabulous job with the decor.  Everything was so sweet and endearing, it really had a romantic feel to it.






The party was hosted with an open bar and a ton of delicious appetizers.  Sadly, I wasn't able to enjoy the open bar, but Skylar and I enjoyed the food.  There were a ton of Erin's family and friends there as well as a bunch of Matthew and Erin's friend from high school. It was nice for me to be able to catch up with Matthew's friends from high school who I hadn't seen in years. 


Skylar was having a great time running around the whole party.  She loved celebrating her Aunt and Uncle's engagement and I know she can't wait for the wedding.



Grandma even made a really sweet speech telling Erin she was so glad to have Erin become apart of our family and that she thinks of her as her own grand-daughter.


Just one big happy family! Minus Jake who had a half marathon early the next morning in San Diego and had to stay home.



Well the party went into the late late hours of the night.  I think my parents got home sometime around 1:00 am. Skylar and I ended up leaving around 8:30 pm as she was getting worn out from running all over the place, but we are glad were able to celebrate with everyone and we know this is just the beginning of happily ever after for Matthew and Erin.

No comments:

Post a Comment