About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Monday, November 14, 2011

Skylar's Half Birthday

Last week Jake and I celebrated Skylar 1 1/2 Birthday.  I can't believe she is already 1 1/2.  She is just growing so fast it makes me so sad that my baby is such a big girl now.  Each day she is learning something new, example she loves locking the door from the garage to the kitchen, she locked me out once, but I had my keys with me...thank goodness.  Her language skills are getting better and better.  Her favorite thing to do is sit on your lap and point out and say all the parts on your face...."nose, eyes, mouth, teeth, ears, chin." 

For her 1/2 birthday Jake picked her up a small red velvet bundt cake which we cut in half for her to have.  Of course, she loved every bit of it and finished the entire thing.




Right now Skylar is really into puzzles, which is great for her development, but not great for our family room which is usually covered in puzzle pieces, but I know how much she loves them so we I had to get her a few more for her 1/2 birthday present.  She was so excited opening her gift and when she realized what they were she was kept saying "puzzle, puzzle."  So I guess we will put up with with a few more pieces on the floor.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed these 1/2 birthday pix, and puzzle pix!
    I'm so glad we gave Skylar the wooden puzzles that Jake put together when he was her age. He was a whiz at puzzles, too!
    Love, Grand-ma Suzie

    ReplyDelete