About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Monday, March 12, 2012

Nursery COMPLETE!

I will admit that when I told Jake I wanted to put beadboard in the baby's room and he insisted on us not paying someone to do it that he was going to do it himself I was concerned he wouldn't be able to do it.  I know that sounds terrible, how can I as his wife not have the confidence in my husband, but I just knew it was going to be a tough job and I really have never seen Jake do wood work before.  Now talk about proving me wrong.  Jake did an AMAZING job and I couldn't be more proud of all his hard work and how the nursery turned out.  The poor guy only was able to work on the room once a week on Saturday mornings when Skylar and I would go work out and he would have to stop when it was Skylar's nap time, so it was a definitely a process and probably took about 3-4 weeks to finish, but it was well worth the wait. 



  
Jake was on such a roll this weekend that we even put together the crib and placed the dresser in the room as well.  I didn't want to push him too much and ask him to start hanging up all the decor items, I figure that could wait a bit.  Skylar was loving playing in her little brothers crib.  She keep saying "baby's room, baby's room". 





I know I have told Jake a 100x but I wanted to thank him again for all his hard work and time he put into the room.  I will never question any of my husbands handy work again, I promise!

It's crazy to think that in about 8 weeks we will have another little one around.  He definitely has the nicest room in the house and we can't wait for him to get here so he can complete our family. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Jake! Madden's room looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see Madden's room in person. I'm glad Paul helped Jake get started. But I am really excited to see Madden in his room.
    Skylar DID look cute in his bed.:-)
    Love, Suzie

    ReplyDelete