About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

First Day of "Summer" Preschool

Kids have so many firsts in the beginning of their little lives.  First taste of food, first tooth, first step, first word, first time using the potty, and the first day of school.

Today we got to experience the first day for preschool for Skylar.  I decided I wanted to put Skylar into the summer preschool program right after I found out she got into her preschool, Redeemer by the Sea.  I felt she was getting to old for day care and needed a bit of a change.  Before Skylar turned three we had been telling her once she turns three it means she can go to school and she has been very excited about it.  After a bit of a fight on what she was going to wear to school we made our way over.




  
One of the main reasons Skylar is so thrilled about school starting is that she gets to be in the same class as her bestie Sophie and her friends Molly and Nicholas.  When I pulled up I told her Sophie was here and she wanted out of the car immediately so she could show her friend her backpack.  The kids were all so excited and wanted to just get to the gate that leads into the school yard.



Left to Right:
Nicholas, Molly, Sophie and Skylar

Waiting for Ms. Cindy to open the gate.


Once the gates were open the kids went to straight to Room 1 where us parents had to sign them in.  When walking in she introduced herself to her teachers Ms. Bonnie and Ms. Nicole.  We found Skylar's cubby and put her backpack in it.  There was about ten kids in the class and everyone was admiring all the fun and new surroundings the classroom had to offer.  The kids went straight to the a table fill of play-doh and never once looked back at us parents.  Having to leave to work and seeing that Skylar was fine I kissed her good-bye and told her to have fun.  Jake headed over to surprise her at pick up.  They said she did really well, played a lot with Sophie, and had no problem eating her lunch.  I would definitely call the first day a huge success and I can't wait for the next three summer sessions.


I can't believe I have a preschooler....now that is crazy!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that our little Skylar is in Pre-School. I knew she would love it. All of her friends holding hands is so cute. I love the backpacks! This looks like a wonderful Pre-school with so many fun activities!
    Love,
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete