About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Skylar's 1st Trip to the Movie Theater

Recently Skylar has really been into movies. She has been watching, Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, Aladdin, Finding Nemo, and of course Monster's Inc.  I was very excited when they started promoting the new Monster's movie I knew that this was the time to try out her first movie at a theater.

The awesome Rossitto family decided that since Sophie is in love with Monsters, Inc. they would put together a little play group date to go watch the movie.  Jess, being the teacher that she is, put together the cutest little things for the kids the day of the movie.  She had arts and crafts, Mikey cupcakes, and Monster University popcorn containers for all the kids. 




All the kids were running wild at the pre-movie party.  Eating snacks, playing in the play room and when it was time to depart to the movie the kids wanted to put on their best monster faces and roars.


I think we probably spoiled the kids because we took them to Cinepolis, but its really the best place to watch a movie now.



Once we got in and sat down the 25 minutes of previews started.  I was worried because Skylar started to get a bit antsy but I gave her her popcorn and that did the trick.  She sat and watched all the previews and the first half of the movie not making a peep.  Half way during the movie Sophie came up and sat next to her and the girls got a little restless.  They were moving around and talking in loud voices but we were able to calm them down for the most part.


All the kids did great for most of the movie but definitely started to lose it the last 5-10 minutes.  We got a couple of "ssshhh" from other movie goer's but they had to of been pretty happy that the kids behaved themselves so well during most of the movie.  I thought Skylar did great and when we left she told me how much she wanted to go back and watch the movie again.  I'm looking forward to more movie dates with my big girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment