About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.



GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Monday, May 11, 2015

Hardwood Floors - 1 / Madden - 0

Skylar was 1  1/2 when she had her first ER visit, so Madden making it to age three for his first visit was somewhat of a accomplishment we felt.  

 This past weekend our sweet little Bubbas suffered a concussion.   He was attempting to pop a balloon by jumping on top of them.  He jumped and successfully popped the balloon, but of course, slipped and slammed the back of his head on the floor.  He was immediately inconsolable, screaming for ice (something that he NEVER wants when he is hurt), and wouldn't let go of Mom.  I continued to hold him for an hour until he asked to take a bath.  While in the bath he seemed more perky and I thought we were in the clear.  I asked him to get into my bed so I could read him a book. I turned away for one second and then the puking started.  After that we knew he most likely suffered a concussion and we had to take him to the hospital.  When I explained to him that his boo-boo was pretty bad and that he was going to have to go to the hospital he burst into tears begging us not to take him.  Seeing how scared and upset her brother was, Skylar started crying right along with him.   She was so worried about her brother that she just wanted to hold him.

After finally calming both Skylar and Madden down all four of us piled into the car and went to the ER.  Madden puked again in the car all over his favorite blanket.  Madden still extremely overwhelmed and not to mention exhausted because its 9:00 p.m. at night didn't want anyone or anything to touch him.  At admissions when they were doing the simple things like his temperature and weight put Madden into hysterics. In our hospital room Madden wouldn't even let myself or Jake (whomever was holding him) sit on the hospital bed.  He wanted nothing to do with being there. 

Jake and I both knew that when it was time for his CT scan it wasn't going to be easy.   Madden was in such panic for the CT scan that nothing Jake and I did or said could calm him down.  The techs basically told us to get out and they would handle.  They ended up strapping him down while, Jake, Skylar and I stood outside the door and listened to Madden scream and cry his head off louder than I have ever heard in his short life.  He was shouting for "Mama" with such fear in his voice, that it bought me to tears.  

The results from the CT scan came back pretty quickly and lucky for Madden it was all clear and we were all able to go home.  We got the kids to bed around 11:30 p.m. and we let Madden sleep with Mom and Dad after his trying night.  

I don't have any pictures from the evening, but I still wanted to make sure I documented his first (and hopefully) only ER visit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment