About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

"Let Me Entertain You"

YES!!!!  Dance Recital weekend finally arrived.  I'm pretty sure I was more excited for it than Skylar was.  She dances on a day that I work so I never get to see her practice or even see how much she enjoys it.  She tells us she likes it, but she rarely shows us any steps she learns, so anytime we are able to see her dance feels extra special.  


Maria was sweet enough to come over Saturday morning and do Skylar's hair and make-up.  She did a fabulous job and I know I would of been lost having to do it myself.  Lucky for us (or I should say Maria), Skylar loves make-up and getting pretty, so she was an angel sitting there for over an hour while Maria did her up.




Skylar with her dance girls.


Skylar and her friend Isabella.


Skylar and her good friend from school and dance Ellie.


Us mom's did our best to keep the girls entertained in the back while waiting for show time.


Right before taking the stage.

 

Skylar performed a tap routine to the song "Let Me Entertain You."  Her routine was the first one of the recital and kicked off the whole show. Watching her up there always brings tears to my eyes.  She danced her little heart out and told us she loved every second of it. 





After her performance the whole family showered her with flowers.
  

Skylar with Nana and Papa.


Skylar with Grandpa and Grandma.


Skylar with Unc, Auntie and Lennon.


Skylar with her biggest supporter cousin Lennon.


Madden was there, but like usually refused to take any photos with his sister or family.  He actually really loved the show and whenever a performance ended he would beg for another one.  He cheered on both Sissy and Sophie when they were both on stage dancing, by shouting their names.  It was really cute to see him so engaged in the show. 


Sophie and Skylar both stole the show, (but of course I'm bias) !!


I'm so grateful Skylar is so outgoing and shows no fear for being on stage.  She is so opposite of her mom and I'm so thankful for that.  Seeing her dance and what joy it brings her is extremely special and I'm so excited that she wants to continue with it.    

1 comment:

  1. This seems so long ago, now. We had such a wonderful time watching Skylar dance to a song that Arielle danced to when she was in dance. So many happy memories of that weekend.
    Love,
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete