About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween 2017

Call me crazy but I actually came up with our Halloween theme the day after last years Halloween.  I don't know what it is with this holiday, I just can't help myself.  It didn't take too much convincing for the kids.  Once I told Madden he gets to carry a Tommy gun and showed Skylar her costume they were both sold.  





Johnny and CJ joined us because once you trick or treat in Bressi you honestly can't go anywhere else. 


We started up at Jess and Eric's house before everyone headed out.






Uncle Chris absolutely NAILED IT this year!  He put on this super scary mask and sat right next to the fog machine and did these creepy slow moves of pulling out this massive sword.  All night people were tripping out on him, not knowing if he was real or fake.  He even brought down a couple strobe lights that we put up in the kids room.  I had a mom come up to me and asked me to let her kid know that no one was getting hurt upstairs.  


I probably say it ever year, but this was by far the busy Halloween.  There was mobs of people and I swear by 7:15 PM I was already running out of candy.  I had to put my hand in kids baskets and pretend to give them candy because I didn't have enough to last until 8:00 PM.  Sadly a lot of the little toddlers didn't receive a piece from me...hehe!  Madden was my little partner, we were passing out candy non-stop to so many people.  Once we started running really low Madden was sweet enough to donate all the candy he got trick or treating into our bucket to keep us going.  Jake did grab a handful of it and put it back in his basket because we knew he would regret it a bit. 


The kids did the most trick or treating ever.  They hit up a ton of houses and Skylar even went out twice, since her friend Cassie came by and asked if Skylar could go out for round 2 with them.  She spend most of her time trick or treating and eating candy this year. 


I feel like we definitely nailed our look this year.  I told the kids last night what I wanted to do for next year, but I was sadly turned down by them both, so I'm going to have to put my thinking cap back on.


1 comment:

  1. What can we say.....fun with the Ernests in Bressi. The costumes were "right on." 'Just loved Madden's mustache and Skylar's dress. Uncle Chris was really scary! Yikes! And Jake looked like Grand-pa Ivan when he was young. Loved the faux fur, Nicole. Now, I must watch "The Great Gadsby" again. And, that's so sweet that Skylar and Madden "shared" their candy. "Happy Halloween" until next year.
    Love,
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete