About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Monday, October 17, 2011

Bates Nut Farm Pumpkin Patch - 2011

Our next adventure was to go to the Pumpkin Patch.  We had never been to Bates Nut Farm before but I researched it online and heard it was the best Pumpkin Patch in San Diego.  This place was insane, I never expected it to be so huge and with so many things to do, and not to mention half of San Diego had to be there.  When you walk in you don't even know where to start. There are hundreds and hundreds of pumpkins everywhere from all sizes and colors and they also have a fair going on with slides, pony rides, hayrides, face painting, and tons of yummy food. 

Skylar made a b-line for all the pumpkins in hoping to find one her size.




Some of the pumpkins there were the largest pumpkins I think I have ever seen. They had to be close to 100 pounds.



Next we decided to sample some of the food, which of course is always a must when you are at place like this. 



We took a quick tour of the farm by taking the hayride.




It was time to start picking out some pumpkins to take home and Skylar decided that at first she wanted to ride in the wheelbarrow, then she wanted to push it herself.



Eventually Skylar found her perfect pumpkin!


Bates Nut Farm was an great experience and I think we are going to definitely make it a family tradition.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pix of Skylar in the middle of GIANT pumpkins holding her little pumpkin so proudly.
    I also love the pix of you 3 dressed in your "farm garb."
    What a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete