About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Update on the Bravest Girl I know

We have been receiving so much love and support from our friends and family after they heard about Skylar's little accident.  As parents, dealing with the guilt has been very hard for Jake and I but having such amazing support from everyone has definitely made this experience a bit easier.  The constant reminder from everyone that accidents happen and hearing stories from other parents does help us with some of the guilt we have been struggling with.  So we are both extremely appreciative and thankful to have such wonderful people in our lives.

I wanted to give a small update on Skylar and how she is healing.  Monday we had our first follow up appointment with the Burn Unit and all the nurses and doctors were very pleased to see how well her wounds were healing.  They said Jake and I have been doing everything right by keeping her out of the sun this week and continuing to keep the medicine on her burns.  The doctors even said that probably in a few weeks most of it won't even be noticeable.  Every night this week when Jake and I have came home from work we have been able to see such an improvement in her wounds which has been really helping our mood.  We go back to the Burn Unit on Friday for hopefully our last follow up appointment and they will continue to give us more encouraging news.

1 comment:

  1. she looks good nicole! Love her!! You guys are doing great! PS.. my mom was telling me stories of stuff that happened to us kids, so it happens to everyone!

    ReplyDelete