About Me

My photo
A sneak peek into my simple life and wonderful family.











SUMMER FUN

SUMMER FUN


GRANDPARENTS Fill the World with LOVE

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Madden's 2nd Birthday

This year I opted out on the big birthday parties for the kids and I planned on doing things mellow this year. We are having a small get together on Skylar's actual birthday to celebrate both the kiddos, but I wanted to still do something on Madden's actual birthday. 

He started his day at 6:00 AM (yes for some reason he is waking up very early lately), so I put together a special birthday breakfast.  Jake was flying home and Skylar was still sleeping so it was just me singing Happy Birthday to him.  He was very cute all morning.  When you asked him who's birthday it was he would pound his chest and say "Me," and if you asked him how old he was he would hold up five fingers.  


That night we went to Benihana's for a big group dinner.  We had all of Madden's favorite people with us.  His best buddy Johnny and his second sister Sophie were so sweet to join in on the celebration.


Bub's loved every second of it. He had the biggest smile on his face during the whole dinner. When the chef was cooking our meal he was clapping and laughing the entire time.   From the miso soup, to the fired rice, to his shrimp, he cleared his plate like a champ!


The Birthday Boy!




I think Madden was really starting to like the birthday attention.  He loved having us and the staff sing "Happy Birthday" to him.  He ate about half his sundae because I think he was so stuffed from his dinner.


It was such a fun dinner and I was so glad that Madden enjoyed every minute of it.  He loved having all his family and best friends with him.  It was the perfect way to celebrate our little man.  




 Madden best buddy Johnny singing him "Happy Birthday"


No comments:

Post a Comment